DNA Insect Scan
The Mobilane DNA InsectScan is a new and unique innovative method to measure the effectiveness of living walls, green facades and green roofs for biodiversity. Based on E-DNA, the DNA InsectScan provides insight into the biodiversity and distribution of insect species and the effectiveness of green facades and roofs on biodiversity, expressed in data. Request a DNA InsectScan or read more about the DNA InsectScan for living walls.
Benefits Living Wall DNA Insect
- Monitor biodiversity effectively and at any scale
- Ease of sampling
- Quantify success of biodiversity restoration actions in urban and natural environments
- Determine the ecosystem services of your living wall
- Monitor environment impact through indicator species
- To be used as part of ESG reporting
The DNA InsectScan report consists of the following parts
- Introduction, scope of work and description of methodology
- Sampling Plan & Protocol
- Overview insect species identification (Taxa List) with various tables, plots, statistics and other data
- Visual species overview
- Detailed sampling tables
Sampling and Laboratory analysis
The DNA Insect is performed by Mobilane or an official Mobilane Partner. Sample types of the living wall that will be used are grass clippings, leaves, branches and flowers. The samples will be send to the laboratory of SGS search. This process takes 6 weeks. All employees involved in our E-DNA projects have the required expertise to carry out the analysis to be carried out. The scan can be performed on both already installed and longer existing green facades.
Costs DNA InsectScan
The DNA insect scan is made to measure and depends on the size of the green facade, and can be done once or during the various seasons. Contact us for more information and prices.